← HeatShield Docs
How to Install the HeatShield WordPress Plugin
- First, download the plugin,
which will create a file named heatshield.zip in your browser's default file downloads
- Login to the WordPress administrator panel for the site you wish to install the plugin (eg.
- Once logged in, click on Plugins in the left side-bar navigation, and then
click Add New.
- You should now be on WordPress Plugin installation page. Select the Upload Plugin
button at the top.
- Next, click the Choose file button; a local filesystem manager window will then
open. Select the directory where you downloaded the heatshield.zip file, click on
heatshield.zip, and then click Open.
- Click Install Now and it should install successfully shortly thereafter.
- After the plugin has been successfully installed, click on Activate Plugin.
- Now, you'll want to connect the plugin to your HeatShield account. In the WordPress administrator
panel's side-bar navigation, hover your mouse on Settings and then select
- Click on the Connect to HeatShield button. This will open a new browser tab to
manage your HeatShield for WordPress sites and connect your site to HeatShield if you're already logged in.
If you're not logged in, it will prompt you to login, and then connect it once you successfully login.
Once you've completed the steps above, your WordPress site is immediately being protected from
brute force login attacks.
Next, you can enable
the Web Application Firewall (WAF).